Have you ever heard of mega volume lashes? These lashes are often used to create ultra-dramatic lash looks for those in love with super long lashes. However, you may have a few questions about this lash style, such as:
- What is mega volume?
- what are the pros and cons of it
- How to apply
- Is there any potential problem with it?
First, what are mega volume lashes?
The difference between mega volume and traditional volume is the number of false lashes used to create a fan and the diameter of these false lashes.
Although there is no clear cutoff number to distinguish mega volume lashes from standard volume lashes, generally speaking, each mega volume fan uses 6 to 20 false lashes with diameters between 0.03 to 0.05 mm, while a volume fan will use 2 to 5 false lashes with diameters between 0.05 to 0.07 mm.
Mega volume creates a much denser and darker look since it uses these lightweight fans with numerous extensions.
Why do I use mega volume lashes?
- A much fuller, darker lash line, and a more dramatic look
- Mega volume fan wraps around each natural lash, which creates longer retention
- You can charge $250+ per set, great for extra profit
Mega volume lash cons
- Takes a lot more time to apply (2.5-4 hours)
- It takes a lot of time (and patience) to perfect the skill
- Can be hard to achieve symmetry and balance (but can be achieved with practice)
Some potential questions about Mega volume lash?
How long does a mega volume lash set last?
If applied correctly, mega volume lashes can actually last even longer than a classic lash set. Volume or mega volume lashes have more surface space to lash glue as they wrap around the natural lash instead of sitting on top of it. This, in turn, creates longer retention of up to 7-8 weeks.
Are mega volume lashes safe?
Just like any other lash set, mega volume lashes are safe to have and apply as long as they are applied correctly. When the right lash extensions (the right type, thickness, and length) and type/amount of glue are used, with proper placement and isolation, mega volume lashes are safe as any other lash extensions.